Beauty is not what’s natural, or even what looks best…It’s what feels right at the moment!” -Doe Deere

Monday, April 30, 2012

A Little Piece Of Heaven

I was in the mood for something sweet yesterday and since I had my left over cream cheese frosting from the red velvet cupcakes I made last week, I figured why not?
Whats better then Banana and chocolate chips?!?! NOTHING! One of my favorite fruits in the universe are bananas and paired with chocolate it cant be beat! My original thought was to make these full size cupcakes, but I figured how fun it would be to make mini cupcakes....so I did, and here they are...My Funky Monkey Banana Chocolate Chip Mini Cupcakes!

Ingredients:
3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
3 eggs, at room temperature
2 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup mashed overripe banana (1 large)
3/4 cup buttermilk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips (make sure to throw some flour on them before adding them to batter. That prevents them from sinking to the bottom of the cupcake)

Oven at 350 degrees.

In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
 
In a small bowl, combine banana, buttermilk, and vanilla.
 
In a large mixing bowl, beat butter on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar, 1/4 c. at a time, beating on medium speed until light and fluffy and scraping down sides of bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, scraping down sides of bowl after each addition.

Add in flour and banana mixtures, beginning and ending with the flour, and mix on low speed until just combined.
 
Fold in mini chocolate chips.
 
Bake for 18-20 minutes if full size cupcake but only bake for about 13-15 minutes for mini cupcakes.

*Cream Cheese frosting can be found in my red velvet blog below.
Make sure to use pretty little cupcake wrappers on these, add some colorful sugar sprinkles or a banana chip right on top, and always add Love....Enjoy!

 

1 comment:

  1. Your cupcakes are delicious. I made the red velvet ones for a party I went to and it was a hit. All that was left were the crumbs on the tray.

    ReplyDelete