Beauty is not what’s natural, or even what looks best…It’s what feels right at the moment!” -Doe Deere

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Dip Da Dip Da Dip

Although this is not a makeup post, as most of you know I am a complete foodie. I spend most of my down time watching the food network and trying to replicate half of the recipes that Guy fieri eats on diners, drive ins and dives lol. I actually had a chance to visit over the weekend one of the places he went to called Defontes sandwich shop in Redhook, Brooklyn. That's just a side note but its definitely a place you should visit if your in the mood for a good sandwich. You'll want to try the steak pizzaiola, I promise you wont be disappointed . Anyways, back to my story....
I made this clam dip for Easter Sunday and it was a big hit. I cannot take all the credit for this since my friend Patti was the one who introduced this to me. I promise you though if you enjoy clams or cheese or baked bubbly goodness you will enjoy this dip. The best way to describe the taste is if you've ever had a baked clam before. The stuffing to the inside of the clam shell is what this tastes like, except you use a cracker or bread to scoop it out.
 
Recipe:
3 cans minced clams
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 cup chopped onion (I didnt use onion I used garlic)
1/2 cup butter ( melt the butter before mixing with other ingredients)
pinch of pepper
1 cup dry bread crumbs
1 (8oz) package of sharp chedder cheese.
 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine the clams, lemon juice, onion, butter, pepper, and bread crumbs in a mixing bowl, and stir until blended. Pour the mixture into a baking dish, and sprinkle the top with Cheddar cheese. Bake until the mixture is bubbly, about 20 minutes. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment