Beauty is not what’s natural, or even what looks best…It’s what feels right at the moment!” -Doe Deere

Monday, May 7, 2012

Pink Pistachio

I was super excited to try these cupcakes out because I am a big fan of pistachio ice cream, and wanted to see if I could get the same flavor into a cupcake that I get when I eat ice cream. To make the cupcakes even more fun I added hot pink food coloring to the icing. I think my mission was accomplished with these cupcakes, so yummy!
Cupcake:
1 cup shelled unsalted pistachios
1 cup cake flour (not self-rising)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4-teaspoon salt
1/2 -cup milk
1/2-teaspoon vanilla
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
3/4-cup sugar
2 large eggs

-Preheat oven to 350.
-You want to pulse using a food processor the 1 cup of pistachios. Try n leave them with a little bite to them, don't pulse too much or you'll end up with a paste.  In a bowl, whisk together the ground pistachios, flour, baking powder and salt. Leave that to the side
-Combine the milk and vanilla in a measuring cup
-Using your electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until fluffy for about 2 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time until just combined. On low speed, alternately add the pistachio mixture and the milk in batches, starting and finishing with the flour.
-Bake for 12-14 minutes depending on your oven.

 Frosting:
1/3-cup unsalted butter, softened
2 cups confectioner’s sugar
1/2teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 Tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon pink food coloring

-Using your electric mixer, beat together all frosting ingredients.
-Ground up about about a large handful of pistachios to garnish the top of the cupcakes.


1 comment:

  1. I love pistachio ice cream too! Can't wait to try these!

    ReplyDelete